Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dark shades of love & passion! pt1

As any woman, we always have to have the perfect dark shade of red that would compliment our look. As a "Goth" it is a necessary to have one or many in our coffin box. :P



Dubonnet is a rich, deep shade of red with more of a brownish tone. It’s not really a blue-based red, nor an orange-based red–it’s truly one of those shades that works well on many skin tones. (Kind of like MAC’s Viva Glam I Lipstick!) It has a redder, richer look than VGI, plus it has the glossy sheen (though no shimmer). It applies opaque in just one layer, and it clings to lips without being drying. It holds up and wears for a good four or five hours and afterward, it does leave a slight stain behind. Definitely one of MAC’s must-haves!










Dark side is a deep cool-toned burgundy-tinged red with an amplified creme finish.  It’s completely opaque with a very creamy texture.  I love the way it applies–even, smooth–and it wears so well.  I usually get three to four hours with a lot of MAC lipsticks, but with such an intense, opaque shade, I can easily get four to five, and a subtle stain will remain for another hour as it fades away.








Dare you is a gorgeous shade of shimmering ruby red. It’s a deep ruby red with brighter ruby red shimmer laced throughout. It’s incredibly pigmented, and it looks opaque with just one layer. Dare You feels creamy, moisturizing, and it lasts a good four to six hours on my lips. It’s really a stunning red from MAC’s permanent line-up, and if I may–also an overlooked shade!












Media is a deep, dark red wine.  This is a shade that also works particularly well as a lip stain–just layer a little on, blot, and then dab a touch of clear gloss on top and voila.   For a satin finish, Media is very… lustre-like.  It has that slicker feel of a lustre finish lipstick, but it also has the look of one.  I do find that Media settles into my lip lines more than I’d like, though.







These are my 4 favorite dark red shades from M.A.C that would complete my coffin box!

Disclaimer: The text is from the blog temptalia and the picture have been found on google.

No comments:

Post a Comment